Friday, October 30, 2009

Fourth of July Fling

I wanted to find myself a beau,
one that would set my face aglow.
I never wanted a long time thing
just a silly little fling.
I wanted someone to put in my memoir
about the long drives in his car.

I met a man who caught my eye
one day way back in July.
The sun was bright and we were warm.
Soon I found out he lived in my dorm.
I laughed and giggled and we did play
and he even fed me a buffet.

The fireworks crackled in the sky
and I held onto that strange guy.
His hair was fair,
the other girls did glare,
his eyes were a deep, dark blue
and my affections only grew.

By the end of that long night
we talked alone in the moonlight.
I never knew what he would mean
to this girl of nineteen.
Fifty crazy years later
he can still make me feel fainter.

Your grandpa and me are a little extreme
but we found the other like a dream.
Now it’s getting a little chilly,
but please, listen to me
Don’t throw away a fling till you see
what absolute fun it might be.


**I figured I'd go ahead and start with something I've already written. Time to provoke some creativity!**

No comments:

Post a Comment