Sunday, June 27, 2010

Graceful Dreams

Butterfly, pretty
little butterfly. So colorful,
so full of life,
so beautiful.

Hello, butterfly. I enjoy
seeing you float above me, so daintily.
Hard to believe
you were so recently just a little
catepillar,
just winding yourself up and hoping
for the freedom
wings would someday provide.

Look at you go.
Good for you, little
butterfly! Push forward
and continue the journey
for a life you always dreamed
to have.

I wish I could fly
with you into the clouds,
soaring
over the rest of the world.
You ignore thoughts of tomorrow
and have no need to see to next week--
I wish I could fly
with you to a place so clear
and free from worry. Take me home
with you to the meadow.

Pretty little butterfly, flutter
away. Go see the world
and send me the images of the beauty
you have seen. Please, butterfly,
linger a little longer,
but when you leave I'll watch
until you float
out of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment