Monday, August 16, 2010

Revamp of one of my manuscripts

One of my current manuscript attempts has a great story, but I wasn't getting anywhere with the writing because there was just too much verbiage and not enough character development. I had 16 pages at the beginning that didn't do anything for the actual story. So, I've decided to save those 16 pages somewhere else and start the story from the middle.

Guess what! It is working!! The story flows so much better, and I'm able to pull from the other pages as background info or flashbacks. The story is about ten times better already. The only problem is it was a set back for the length so far, but that just means I have something even better to be working on in my down time, and I do have down time right now.

Job hunt is still going, but I had a phone interview with a company this morning. I didn't get a positive or a negative feel from her. She seemed distracted. She said I'd find out Wed if I'm being called in for another interview. I hope so because I'm really excited about that position.

I haven't forgotten about the song lyrics I'm supposed to be fixing up, I just got distracted with the manuscript. I'm sure no one can blame me much for that. I'll get on that soon for a fun, carefree project!

Okay, enough break from my story. I'll update again once I've got a good chunk of it done. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment