Thursday, August 12, 2010

Job Hunt

So, I've been living off of my savings while looking for a job in Dallas. I'm close to having one now. I've got two companies interested, and I'd be okay with either. I'll hear back from Starbucks tomorrow on a yes, no or she needs more time to decide. It's for a full time supervisor position. The other is a customer service job with Bank of America in their call center. A bit more money and benefits, but not quite as fun as the Starbucks position. It's going to come down to which one offers me first, and that's assuming they both want me.

I've got tons of other applications out there right now, and I'm just waiting to hear back from them. I follow up on the ones I can but most now have you fill out applications online and get back to you when they are ready. That's okay. I know that I will most likely be offered the position with Bank of America, it's just a matter of when.

God has something in store for me though. He always provides. :-) I'm in a masters program online now, which has definitely been some work so far and it's only been a week. I think I'm really going to enjoy this. At least it's something to do to fill the time while I'm not working. I'm also looking for volunteer work and a church to attend regularly here. I'm closer to finding the volunteer work than the church, but I'm going to continue looking.

I've been keeping myself busy with writing, that's for sure. I've got two manuscripts that keep growing and filling with fantastic information. At some point I'll have three full manuscripts. It's exciting. I just need to start making contacts in the publishing world. Keep getting my short stories and poems submitted into competitions and literary magazine entries. I'm enjoying following my dreams, and I'm glad I have so many people that support me in that. I'm a lucky girl, and I hope that I can do as much for other people as I've had people do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment