Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Poems

So I wrote a poem for each of my sisters and their respective fiances for their weddings. I was really excited about them, so I wanted to share.

The first one here is for Beth and Jake.

Enchanting Flame
by: Jennifer Nelson

It all started with an exchange
of looks while she worked
the front desk. Surrounded
by people all the time,
he wanted to know
this girl. Facebook
allowed him to find
more about her. Then
late night talks
in the lobby
and cafe visits
over spring break.
The pink glass flower
and day date to Tupelo
sealed the deal.
They were hooked
and wanted to know more.
The more time
spent the more the hearts
drew to one another. Family
meetings, holidays
together and the beautiful
pup who became a playful
part of their world.
Everything fit
like the ring
now on her finger.
This beloved
pair will say their vows
and promise eternity
to each other, while family
and friends admire
the affection they lavish
on one another.
They watch his gasp
as she floats
into the chapel
and her grin
as she walks to the man
who will love and adore
her evermore.

The second is for Christina and Bryan.

A Remarkable Love
by: Jennifer Nelson

My baby sister
is being given
away today. So full
of beautiful dreams
of a marriage and life
with the boy, no the man,
who captured her heart.
With a relationship
beginning as friends
and growing into a love
more beautiful
than I could have imagined
for her. He showers
her with heartening hugs,
kisses on the beach,
and flower bouquets
full of life just like her.
So young, yet so sure of love
which is amazing
to watch.
I love the joy in her voice,
the smile on her face,
and the way he looks
at her that tells the world
no matter what, I'll take
care of my girl.
So he stands
in front of the guests
waiting for the doors
to open. Both hearts
beating so quickly
ready to see each
other and take the step
onto forever.
Onto happily
ever after
plus so much more.

I'm so happy for my sisters. They are fantastic and marrying the men that they love. I wish them all the happiness in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment