Monday, March 22, 2010

May is for Moving

So I'll be moving again in May. I'll be living with a sister and a friend. I'll be a couple minutes from work instead of being fifteen minutes due to living on the other side of campus from work. This will literally be around the corner from my job. Technically I could walk down a heavily traveled road to get there. If it comes to it and my car continues to behave in this fashion, that may happen. I love my car though.

We've found a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom place that is like a little mini house because all of the units are separate. I'm excited about this. I'm hoping I get quite a lot accomplished with 250 words a day in April because May probably won't see much done with packing and and moving and unpacking, and a great move-in barbecue I hope to have. :-)

I'll leave you with this:

"More Than a Piece of Art"

The way you stand there,
seeming so strong and genuine,
fills me with a calming chill.
Eyes that match the jade
necklace given to me my last
birthday. A story that relaxes
my soul. That spirit which speeds
my heart into cardiac arrest.
Admiring you may not be the best
idea, says my mind, but deep
down I know you're more than just
too good to be true.

Looking at you amuses
me, but not in the I want to laugh
sort of way--in the you make me smile
and I can't stay standing. The saying,
'Swept off my feet,'
finally makes sense. It's this rush
of uncontrollable emotion tied
to deep respect. You've been made
by your creator into an unusual
mold, one that no one else has ever fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment