Thursday, March 18, 2010

Piece of the current book

Sarah woke up in the morning to the music from the menu of the DVD she and Thomas had partly watched the night before. His arm was around her waist with his hand hitting the bed. Sarah looked around found the alarm clock. The red lights told her it was just before nine o'clock in the morning.
“Thomas,” she said, using her elbow to jab him in the stomach. “We fell asleep.”
“What?” he mumbled. He pulled her closer to him.
“Get off of me,” she said. She pulled herself away and sat up on the bed. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at her. “It's nine o'clock.”
“Good morning, then.” He smiled up at her. “So, you spent the night. I hope you enjoyed yourself.”
She went to hit his shoulder and he moved to where she ended up hitting his chest. “You're ridiculous. I need to go to my room. I'm not supposed to be over here right now.”
“Lay back down. No one will know you're here. We'll be in more trouble if you try to leave now.”
“Where's Patrick,” Sarah said, looking at his empty bed.
“He probably stayed at the frat house. He's excited to live there next year.” Thomas stretched out on the bed. “Lay back down. I'm going back to sleep.”
“I don't want anyone to know I was over here. I need to leave before Patrick gets here.” Sarah picked up her shoes to put them on.
“He won't be here until after lunch.”
“I'm not going back to sleep,” Sarah said. “I need to get back to my room.”
“Okay, if you really need to. I'll walk you out, then I'm going back to sleep.” He pushed his legs off the side of the bed and searched for his shoes.
“It's going to be so miserable in there without her,” Sarah said.
“Would you like me to sit up there with you?”
“No, I'll be okay. I think the overnight stay was more than enough. I want to get out of here before anyone realizes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment