Sunday, March 21, 2010

New CHALLENGE!

Okay, so here is my new challenge for myself. Starting on April 1 (yes, I'm a procrastinator) I'm going to write at least 250 words a day until April 30. So in 30 days I should have 7,500 words minimum. I think that's pretty good.

I feel like 250 is doable with everything else I'm doing and with all the socializing I love to do. I'm pretty much putting it off until April because next weekend I have an amazing trip to Alabama to see a friend who lives way too far away. It does make for fun times when five or six people get to crash in a one bedroom apartment though. :-) So I figured I'd fail within a week if I started this weekend. I want to at least give myself a chance to do this.

Speaking of failure, it is defined as an act or instance of failing or proving unsuccessful; lack of success. That's a bit depressing. My mother's definition of failure is growing and learning something new. If you don't fail, how can you ever hope to succeed? If you don't fail, you aren't really trying. I never like proving unsuccessful, but I'll keep trying and failing until that one opportunity comes along that makes all the failures worth while. Then I can start a whole new set of failures onto the next venture.

Well, there's my little push for myself today. I have to fix my car, clean my apartment, go run at the gym and get some writing done today. Plenty of possible failures to have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment