Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 2 - Going Well!

So, in about 45 minutes I got 422 words written. Good I think, since the rest of the night I'll be with friends, then coming back to play with the puppies while I'm house sitting. I'm about to run to subway to grab a 6" either turkey or chicken sandwich. Not sure yet which. Below is what I wrote today. It's a continuation of what I posted yesterday, so read that first and then this second for a nice long section of the book. Until tomorrow!

“I thought you were leaving?” the waitress said.
“I ran into Charlie, so I'm staying for dinner.”
“Okay, well I've got three menus here, so I'll go grab one more.”
“Don't worry about it, I know what I'm getting already,” Charlie said.
“He always gets the Nicholas burger,” Rachael said. Charlie laughed. “Well you do.”
“It's just funny that you know.”
“Can I get your drink order,” the waitress said to Leann.
“A diet coke, please,” she said.
The waitress looked at Sarah. “I'll just have a water.”
“Do you know what I want to drink too,” Charlie teased.
“Either water or coke.” She smiled at him. “I would like a lemonade please.”
“And for you,” she nodded at Charlie.
“I'll have a coke,” he said.
“Great, I'll be back for your order in a minute.” She walked back toward the bar.
“What's good here?” Leann asked.
“Pretty much everything,” Charlie said. “What do you like normally?”
“I like burgers and chicken and it looks like most of the things on this menu.”
“Why don't you try the chicken strip sandwich,” Rachael said. “It's got all the toppings of a burger, and it's got fried chicken. It's great.”
“What are you getting, Sarah?” Leann asked.
“I'm just getting chicken strips and fries. It comes with a really great honey mustard. They make it here.”
The waitress walked back with a tray of drinks and handed them out. She pulled a notepad and pen out of her apron and said, “Do you know what you'd like?”
“I think I'll go with the chicken strip sandwich,” Leann said.
“Do you want the fries as your side?”
“Yes, thank you.”
“And for you?” she asked Sarah.
“The chicken strip basket with fries and honey mustard.”
“Rachael?”
“I want the chicken strip sandwich as well, but no mayo.”
“Okay. And you wanted the Nicholas burger, yes?”
“Yes,” Charlie said.
“Do you want fries?”
“Yes, it's not right without fries.”
“Okay, thanks. I'll get your order put in.” She went back to the bar and walked through the swinging door to the kitchen.
“So, are you both freshmen?” Rachael asked.
“Not quite yet,” Sarah said. “A little over a month and we will be.”
“Are you going to be roommates?”
“We just met this weekend,” Leann said. “I'd love to room with her yet. My roommates facebook profile looks a little strange.”
“We are in the same building. The honors dorm,” Sarah said.
“Aren't you working in that building,” Rachael asked Charlie.
“Yep. My third year actually.”

No comments:

Post a Comment