Thursday, April 1, 2010

I finished another Book!

April Fools!! I'm hoping I can say that for real at the end of the summer. :-)

I did go past my 250 words for the day. Yes, the first day of my 30-day challenge to right 250 words a day, and I got 407 written! I just got to keep this up and turn it into a habit.

Here's what I got written today:

O'Nally's was the third building on the left once off campus. It was a one story building made out of red brick that had browned over the years. The green front door had recently been touched up so it seemed glossier than usual.
“I'm ready for that Nicholas burger,” Charlie said, opening the door by it's rusted knob to let the girls in. “I can taste it already.”
“When's the last time you had one?” Sarah asked.
“Lunch yesterday, I think.” The girls laughed. “It's really good. Sarah, have you ever actually eaten it?”
“No, it sounds terrible.”
“Dad gets it every time. You need to at least try it. I'll let you have a bite of mine.”
The found an empty booth up against the wall and Charlie sat down. The girls slipped into the other side. “I like it in here,” Leann said.
“It's going to be one of your favorite places through college,” Charlie said. “It's been my favorite.”
“That runs in our family though,” Sarah said.
“Hey, Charlie.” The three sitting looked up to see a girl standing there smiling at him. “How're you?”
“I'm good. Rachael, this is my sister, Sarah, and her friend, Leann. It's Leann, right?”
“Yes.”
“Okay, great. This is Rachael, a friend of mine.”
“Weren't you in here yesterday?” she asked. “I'm pretty sure you were.”
“You waited on me,” he said.
“These days all keep running together.”
“Are you working tonight?” he asked.
“No, I was in here letting Kitty know I need next weekend off.”
“Here,” Charlie slid over, “sit down. Have dinner with us.”
“Um,” she glanced at Sarah and Leann, “I don't want to interrupt.”
“You won't be. We just decided to get food after orientation was over.”
“Come on, Rachael, you haven't eaten yet have you?”
“No, not yet.” Charlie pat the open seat next to him. “Okay, thank you.”
“So, how long have you known my brother?” Sarah asked.
“A couple years now. We had an economics class together the end of our freshman year. And I see him in here quite a bit.”
“I give her a tough time because we never see each other enough. I see her now when I come in here and she takes care of me.”
“He tips well, so I don't mind being a good waitress for him.”
Sarah smiled while watching the two of them talk. Their waitress walked up and nudged Rachael's shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment