Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sappy but I like it - unedited

Right Timing
by: Jennifer Nelson

Tripped into something I'm so glad
to find. You caught me before the ground
made it's imprint on my head
and caused the stars to rotate
around me. A little cartoonish
but it's like I'm in a fairy land.
Can't believe the luck
when you said you liked
me too. I enjoy your smile
your smell, the truth of your amazing
self. You found me in a time of change
when I loved myself, my memories,
my friends and every moment I had lived.
I would ask could this be true,
but I know it is. Your fingers trace my face
and cause chills to run through my body.
The butterflies fill my stomach
when I first tried to talk to you, but I want
you to know everything now. My mouth
fills with words and I fumble
through them. When I laugh
I want you to know why. When I cry
I want you to hold me. When I sing
I want you to be the ballad. And when I dance
I want you to be my partner. I know
this is true. So kiss me once
more and let the shivers in my body linger
as we say goodnight. I know once I leave
we'll both think and ponder the next
chance we will have to be together.
Never thought you'd find me so soon
but I'm glad you did. Goodnight, sweet
sir. I'll dream of you tonight,
regardless of how cliche. I'm thankful
to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment